In the event of a disastrous situation children and teachers are at considerable risk. As a school is a densely populated place, therefore to create disaster awareness amongst students and teachers is of great importance. The under mentioned emergency management plan will be followed:
Instructions for Staff
- On hearing siren, assemble the students and follow the evacuation procedure.
- No baggage or belongings to be carried by anyone.
- Do not shout, run or create panic.
- In case of fire switch off fans and lights.
- In case of earthquake cling to wall or be in couched position. Follow the DROP (bend) under a strong table, COVER your head with one hand and HOLD furniture with other hand rule if inside the room.
Command during evacuation
- Principal/authorized person to take full command and control.
- To give signal for all clear.
Post Evacuation Procedure
- On getting all clear signal, teachers to conduct a physical headcount of students and give OK report to the Principal.
- In case of injuries, provide first aid and appropriate medical aid.
Instructions for parents
- School phone lines may remain busy, be patient.
- Please extend co-operation to school authorities if your help is required.